Let It Be Sunday, 152!

December 31, 2017

What a time to be alive.

End end of the year is full of feeling.  I find myself looking back at the past few years feeling satisfied and proud, wondering what-if, staring strong at situations I could have been better in.  I find myself looking forward with excitement, anticipation, hopeful plans and fingers crossed. 

Today we’re in the in-between. It feels like the end is the beginning.  

I hope you have the luxury to spend this day doing things that make you feel settled and full.  I’m grateful that you spend some time here.  Enjoy this day, ok?  I appreciate you very much.

Here are a few links for reading:  

 Erica Garner, who became an activist after her father’s death, dies.  Please know who she was and what she was fighting for. It’s important for all of us. 

 We’re all pulling together our resolutions for the coming year, but I also really love an intentional look back.  From The Art of Simple, see:  New Years Eve Reflection Questions.  I’m going to pen + paper + coffee the answers this morning. 

 One thing I enjoy about the end of a year is all of the compilations of things we’ve done, for better or worse.  I enjoyed this poetic transcription of our last year from the New Yorker: Our Year In Poems

 Now is as good a time as any to think about our money.  Here’s this:  How I Saved 30 Percent of My Income in 2017.  The bullet about automating savings withdraws into a separate savings account has really helped me save in the last few years!  I’ve also gone through all the little things I’m automatically charged for on a monthly basis (Netflix and the like) and cancelled the ones I’m not getting real use out of.  

 A very important cold weather beverage: Coconut Curry Hot Chocolate.  

 Here’s How To Build A Skin Care Routine.  Paramount is actually taking the time to do all of the washing and toning and seruming and moisturizing.  Follow up article should be: How To Not Be Lazy Past 8pm. 

 Did you know that  Instagram is a Dating Platform? Full disclosure: WAIT -WHAT? Ain’t nobody tryna slide up in my DMs thank goodness. 

 Do you listen to the podcast Call Your Girlfriend?  Yes, say yes.  This episode on Pelvic Power is important if you’re a human with a vagina. 

 Some of the most popular posts from my site this year include: GUMBO POUTINE! // FUTURE FREEZER SMOOTHIES  // MAPLE BACON GRILLED CHEESE // and VANILLA BEAN BUNDT CAKE with pecan praline glaze. 

 The cookbooks I used the most this year: Small Victories by Julia Turshen  //  The Gourmet Cookbook by Ruth Reichl // and my book Homemade Decadence

 A pleasing crafts to do this freezingass weekend: make a PomPom for your winter hat. May I suggest 2018’s Ultra Violet?  

 Today I’m making this cake and I fully plan to enjoy at least four slices: The Kitchy Kitchen’s Crackle Cake.

•  The Cook Through made every single recipe from my latest book Over Easy.  Myra deserves a parade of unicorns.  See the recap here and follow her on Instagram!  I’m over here throwing confetti. 

 Cozy times ahead.  I wear a lot of men’s clothing and I love a classic + kinda retro fleece

 If you’re in New Orleans, Pastry Chef Lisa Marie is having a fantastic King Cake Pop Up next week on January 6th.  We are very fortunate humans. 

Happy New Year to you and yours! Be well, ssdgm, have a wonderful night tonight!

xo Joy

 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments