Is This the Secret to Instant Pot's Success? — Food News

November 28, 2017


The cult of the Instant Pot shows no sign of stopping. I mean, the machine can make yogurt, and slow cook, and pressure cook, and basically do everything except the dishes (you'll still need a dishwasher or a good sponge for that, unfortunately). The trendy kitchen appliance's rise to fame is particularly interesting, however, given the fact that you rarely see any advertising for the product. How did the Instant Pot become so successful so quickly?

Now it's come out that instead of spending time and energy on marketing, CEO and founder of the Instant Pot, Robert Wang, has read every last comment of his product on Amazon. That's 39,000 comments, to be exact. He uses these comments to tweak his product. Now that's customer satisfaction.

I'd wager that many of us only leave reviews on companies or products that we either adore or loathe. Lucky for Wang, the reviews seem to be mostly positive. Right now on Amazon the Instant Pot has close to a five-star rating.

"I deliberated about buying one of these for so long (over a year). I regret all of this deliberation, because now that I have it, I'm not sure how I lived without it." says Laura in her review. "Over the years, I have purchased hundreds of items from Amazon, and for the most part, got what I expected. I never reviewed any of them. But from the moment I received my Instant Pot, I felt that I had purchased something that not only exceeded my expectations, but will make my life easier (and more delicious)!" Says Sandy Nannen.

Not all the reviews are positive, however. "I used this 3 times and it quit working. I loved it when it worked but it is taking the company too long to help me out. VERY Frustrating!!" Says Cheryl on Amazon.

The trendy kitchen appliance undergoes a revamp every 10 months on average based on all the information that's learned from customer feedback. It's always nice to know when your voice is heard!

Learn More About the Instant Pot

Do you love your Instant Pot? Let us know in the comments!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments