5 Things Our Editors Are Buying Today for Cyber Monday — Cyber Monday

November 27, 2017


Don't tell our bosses, but we're not getting much work done today at Kitchn. Between sharing stories of our Thanksgiving feasts (what we cooked, what we ate, and what we ate again the next day) and all this Cyber Monday hoopla, our editors have a lot of not-work-related stuff to talk about. Luckily, we can turn the latter topic into a post and then it looks like we're hard at work! Plus, said post might even be helpful to you.

With that, here's a list of the things our editors are buying today.

Apparently my brother has been eyeing soapstone cookware for a while. He told me during Thanksgiving that he loves the stuff that pops up at his favorite holiday fair but always finds it to be too expensive. Kaufmann Mercantile is offering 20 percent off when you use the code FRIDAY20 (a bit outdated-sounding, but I used it this morning and it still works!), so I snatched it up.

"I'm moving apartments (on Thursday!) and I've already been in the new space to clean and measure, so I know I want to get a new light to go over the island in the kitchen. While Rejuvenation is usually too expensive, its Buy More, Save More situation makes this light feel a little more affordable. Spend at least $100 and you get 15 percent off — and there's free shipping. Confession: I'm also looking at some hardware as you read this." Geraldine Campbell, Managing Editor

"This isn't the biggest Cyber Monday splurge, but I did need one and was happy to find it on sale! I need it mostly to make cupcakes with my boys, although I'm sure I'll be able to put it to good use, making more savory treats as well." Tracey Gertler, Production Assistant

4. Shawnee Rug, from $48 at Lulu and Georgia

"I've been coveting this rug as a kid-friendly way to brighten up the kitchen or dining room floor, and the 20 percent sale didn't hurt the general cheeriness either!" Faith Durand, Editor

"This is the newest blender on the block from Vitamix, and at $300 it's also the most affordable. On a constant quest to reach my truest Goop self, this high-speed blender would help me make creamy nut mylks, grind my own whole-grain gluten-free flours, produce perfectly frothy matcha lattes, and whip up veggie-packed green juices." Lauren Kodiak, Production Editor

What are you buying for Cyber Monday? Share your purchases in the comments below!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments