What’s Your Comfort Food?

August 30, 2017

Hello friends!  

I need your help with two things! Truth be told, I need your help with a lot more than two things but we’ll keep it simple today. 

First thing:  Sometimes the world is so sideways and unexpected that it’s hard to come here and just be like… hey guys- BROWNIES, and then move right along with life.  You know what I’m saying?  These days down South have left so many people in need, have left so many people suffering, and feeling tender and frightened and in need of comforts- basic and otherwise.

By now you’ve heard about the immense, devastating flooding in Houston and Louisiana and, really… it’s 100% nuts and we 100% need to help.  This gathering from the NYT feels like a solid list of local and national agencies that need support and assistance:  Where To Donate To Harvey Victims. Please consider it.  

We’re in this together, whether we feel like it or not… and we need each other. Good Lordy don’t we.

Second thing:  I’ve been thinking a lot about comfort – specifically comfort FOOD.  Of course, when times feel furious and unpredictable the first thing on my mind is personal safety, then… bagels and cheese pasta and pizza and potato and bacon tacos. 

Comfort food is universal, we all have a thing our bodies yearn for in times of stress.  But while most of us experience the desire for comfort food, what we yearn for is often so different.  

So… as I’m spinning a new project around in my mind, I’d like to ask you:  What is your go-to comfort food?  Sweet or savory.  The more specific the better.  

Mine?  Anything salty and carby.  In fact, with all of these comfort food thoughts running through my mind, I’m making this One-Pot French Onion Pasta for dinner this week.  Or maybe a Double Crust Chicken Pot Pie.  The possibilities, the carbs are endless. 

More food for thought:  Why Comfort Food Comforts.

One more thought about food:  try these Chocolate Pecan Oatmeal Cookies

Thank you for taking the time. It means a lot to me!  I can’t wait to read your comments below. 

xo Joy

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments