Let It Be Sunday, 134!

August 27, 2017

I never much enjoyed Labor Day.  It feels like the unofficial farewell to summer and I’ve never been very good at goodbyes.  You know this to be true if you’ve ever been to a party with me.  I’m notorious for the silent peace out.  And… the thing is!  I realize that it’s not even Labor Day yet!  That’s how much I dread it…. it’s already on my mind.  

With that in mind, I hope you’re out and about this weekend enjoy the last of these August days.  

I’ve put some links together for you.  These are them: 

 Here’s some information:  How are hurricane categories defined?  We’re down here hoping that the winds chill and the rain drains away easily.  

 Ok guys!  This is that feeling I couldn’t quite put my finger on!  August blues are like Sunday blues but for a full month.  My advice, say yes to every invitation. We’ll be hibernating in no time.   

•  Last week we talked about The Golden Record, the ambitious and heart-fortifying record we sent into space with the sounds of Earth.  Turns out The Golden Record has gone vinyl

•  I’m adding this book about forgotten African American chefs to my reading list:  The Cooking Gene.  You too?

 Have you ever made a Carbonara?  Let’s give it a shot, dontcha think?  As you like it Carbonara.

 A last-bit-of-summer craft project: Ice Dying.

 This is my kind of road trip!  There’s banana pudding involved.  

 On the menu this week is this incredible chicken from Not Without Salt:  Perfect Roast Chicken with Salsa Verde

 I’ve only been talking about it forever and this weekend I finally started brewing my own kombucha!  

 In case you see cauliflower on sale at the grocery store this week:  Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Cheddar Beer Sauce

 Very important news:  Homemade Spreadable and Whipped Coffee Butter.  

 I wear lipstick three days in a row and all of a sudden I’m looking up Fall Makeup Trends like I actually know what I’m doing.  Here’s what I do know… I’m going to go for a berry lip and maybe something gold?  Take from this what you will. 

•  If you pick up the September issue of Better Homes & Gardens you’ll find a few New Orleans inspired recipes from me that I think are supreme! One of my favorites is this Vanilla Bean Cake with Pecan Praline Glaze.  

Enjoy today!

xo Joy

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments