Roasted Sweet Potato Sorghum Salad

December 23, 2020



This post is in partnership with Bob’s Red Mill.

It’s the time of year when I like slightly warm salads. Roasted vegetables tossed in my favorite greens with a tangy dressing; it’s hard to go wrong. I like to bulk up salads using whole grains, like in this sorghum sweet potato salad.

Arugula Salad

When I make arugula salads, I treat the arugula more like the herb that it is. I prefer the punch flavor when it’s equal to the other ingredients in the salad. In the case of this salad, it’s equal to the chile-roasted sweet potatoes and hearty sorghum.

Bob’s Red Mill Sorghum

I like this hearty gluten-free grain in salads because it doesn’t disappear. The grain holds texture well while soaking up the flavor of the dressing. It takes a bit longer to cook than some other grains, so I like to cook it ahead of time, making this salad a bit quicker.

Sweet Potato Alternatives

Instead of the sweet potato, use roasted butternut squash or delicata squash. You could also use turnips or parsnips for something a little different.

Make it vegan

This recipe is fairly easy to make vegan. Just swap out the butter in the dressing for your favorite plant-based butter, or use a neutral oil.

[tasty-recipe id="39621"]

continue reading

The post Roasted Sweet Potato Sorghum Salad appeared first on Naturally..

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments