Bacon and Egg Salad with Crispy Peas and Scallions

July 22, 2018

This time of year can be confusing for me in terms of food. I seem to daydream about super indulgent foods throughout the days (think fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, etc.) but when I get home, my body craves lighter, fresher fare. The abundance of amazing summer produce combined with the weariness that comes after a workday makes it highly appealing to simply slice up a bunch of fresh tomatoes and call it good, but my mind yearns for something more composed than that. This salad has been my answer lately.


The bacon and egg are the centerpiece of this beauty and I love that I almost always have what I need to make it. Of course, it is highly adaptable depending on what you have on hand and what is in season. Most recently I added some delicious summer sweet corn, and I think avocado and tomatoes would also be a wonderful addition. I’ve been tinkering with this salad for many months, and after extensive testing and tweaking I am finally ready to share it with you.


This can be a pretty quick meal if you get the workflow down, and I am amazed at how quickly such a phenomenal salad can come together. Make sure to pop the bacon into the oven first, then quickly mix up the dressing, prep the veggies to broil, and soft boil the eggs while the veggies brown. Pile everything onto a plate and you have a fantastic meal that somehow manages to be both satisfyingly indulgent and light at the same time.

The post Bacon and Egg Salad with Crispy Peas and Scallions appeared first on Everyday Annie.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments