This Cuisine Will Reign Supreme in Chrissy Teigen's New Cookbook — Pop Culture

January 26, 2018


If you're a lover of delicious, accessible recipes, chances are you've been waiting with bated breath for Chrissy Teigen's new cookbook. The best-selling cookbook author, supermodel, TV host, Twitter titan, and new mother to little girl Luna told Refinery29 in an interview last year that she took some time off from Cravings 2 while experiencing postpartum depression.

Now pregnant with baby #2, the glowing mom dished to Kitchn and other reporters gathered at the Vita Coco Coconutmilk brunch in West Hollywood, California about her forthcoming book.

Chrissy talked new recipes, how her pregnancy cravings have change the second time around, and the first thing she'll eat after giving birth. She also revealed that when she's not searching for the world's most perfectly browned bananas or hanging out with her mom, she's probably busy answering everyone's biggest burning question: where is her dad?

Here's what Chrissy had to share.

On what foods can be expected in the upcoming cookbook:

It's very Thai-heavy. I was so proud of how well everybody was able to make Thai food [in the last book]. I was scared. I thought they were going to see fish sauce and be so grossed out by it, but I got so many amazing photos of these Thai recipes that they were really proud to make, so I took that to heart.

On diets and eating habits:

I don't even like to use the word "diet" anymore. It's a way of life for people. People are gluten-free and that's not a fad, that's not a diet. Or they're completely vegan. It's a way of life for them.

On how her pregnancy influenced the new book:

The first book was a real cravings book — my cravings were really intense for the first [pregnancy]. It was like cheese on cheese and ham! For everything I was like, 'Well what if we add ham?!'

Now it's more inspired by being able to travel for the past couple years. It's a lot brighter. I really don't feel like I am as crazy as I was the first time. The first time around I was very set on heavy, starchy foods. This time I really do like light, bright foods as long as they're nice and hearty. I still love really bold flavor. That's why I lean towards Indian food, Asian food, and Moroccan.

On how motherhood has changed the way she looks at food:

I think if anything, I make better decisions because I see [Luna] and it's funny we treat [our kids] better than we treat ourselves.

On celebrity moms she admires:

I love Kris [Jenner]! Kris is one of our dear friends. She's incredible. My mom loves Kris. They get drunk and eat caviar. You couldn't find two more different people, but they've come together and it's really amazing.

On her parents' relationship:

I do have a father by the way! My parents are still together. Nobody knows that about us. Everyone's like 'where's your dad?' He lives 10 minutes away and he comes by every day. It just works for them.

On eating well:

You do well where you can. And for me, I try to incorporate really good things into my natural diet of...being terrible. I don't ever abide by one rule or one diet. I think it's important to do things where you can, where you have time for it.

On foods she's craving post-pregnancy:

There are so many rules when you're pregnant and it feels like every time I get pregnant there are new rules added. I really miss deli sandwiches. So I'll heat up the meat but it's just not the same — I want a cold deli sandwich at all times. And I would love a good margarita. A cold margarita would be really nice.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments