Harissa Acorn Squash with Bulgur and Yogurt Sauce

February 20, 2018

Harissa Acorn Squash with Bulgur and Yogurt Sauce | Naturally Ella

I grew up watching my mom roast acorn squash halves with a bit of butter and brown sugar. I'd watch with fascination that something so simple could be so delicious. Of course, I didn't get it then (I was in a very big anti-vegetable phase). However, fast forward to present day, and I love simple roasted squash. This harissa acorn squash steps it up a notch but the premise is the same. Squash, butter, and flavoring. You could simply eat the squash as is but I prefer the grains and yogurt sauce- it balances everything to complete the meal.

One quick note- don't skip the onions. I love roasting alliums, chopping, and adding them to grains. It's an easy way to add a big flavor to the grains. You could also do garlic or shallots; depending on what you might already have on hand.

Read more and see the recipe.

The post Harissa Acorn Squash with Bulgur and Yogurt Sauce appeared first on Naturally Ella.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments