The Most Popular Cheesecake on Pinterest Is for Single Parents — Life in the Kitchen

October 26, 2017


As a single parent, there are very few foods that I make just for myself. Cooking is, more often than not, about making sure my three kiddos have something homemade in their bellies. If they don't like it, they probably won't eat it (or they'll eat it, but grumble about it).

This is why I almost never make cheesecake. I love it, but my kids do not. I know that if I made one, I'd be responsible for eating the whole thing and that's a lot of pressure! Recently, though, I gave into my craving for this sweet and tangy dessert, and let me tell you: It was totally worth it.

I Made the Most Popular Cheesecake on Pinterest

The kids were with their dad for the night and I spotted a recipe for the most popular cheesecake on Pinterest. It's based on a recipe by the queen of baking, Dorie Greenspan, and I knew I'd have to throw caution to the wind.

Boy was I right to try this recipe, which has aptly been called the Perfect Cheesecake. I couldn't stop eating it. I was not-so-secretly glad my kids don't like cheesecake because I wouldn't share it anyway!

So what makes it so good?

For starters, the recipe has an extra-thick crust, which is the way it should be! So often, cheesecake is out of proportion and I'm left wanting more buttery, sweet graham cracker taste to balance out the cheesy filling.

Then there's the taste and the texture of the filling: Better than any cheesecake I've had in a restaurant (and believe me, I've had a few), the perfect mix of tangy and sweet.

The sour cream topping adds another layer of flavor and balances the creaminess of the cake, and for the finishing touch I put some canned cherries on top. While the recipe calls for raspberries, canned cherries are my weakness and I have the palate of an 8-year-old child.

If you do decide to share, this cheesecake is sure to be a show-stopping dessert for your next dinner party. But you may want keep this as a special treat for yourself on some Saturday evening. Just grab the pan and a fork — cutting a slice will just be a waste of your time.

Get the recipe: Perfect Cheesecake from Simply Recipes

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments