How to Make the Best Oatmeal

February 09, 2021

homemade oatmeal recipe

What if I told you there’s a better way to make oatmeal? Forget the instructions on the back of the bag. It’s about time I highlighted my go-to method for homemade oatmeal.

This oatmeal is extra flavorful and fluffy, not mushy. It’s miles better than packets of instant oatmeal or standard stovetop oatmeal. I really look forward to these oats in the morning, and they make great leftovers.

oatmeal ingredients

The trick is to toast the oats in the pot first, before adding any liquid. This brings out their inherent nuttiness. You’ll find the rest of the details below, but it’s very simple to do and absolutely worth the extra few minutes.

You’ve heard me talk about what a difference toasting oats makes in my steel-cut oat recipe and toasted muesli recipe. Now we’re applying the same principle to rolled oats. Try this oatmeal for breakfast in the morning!

Continue to the recipe...

The post How to Make the Best Oatmeal appeared first on Cookie and Kate.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments