Simple Summer Veggie Sandwich

August 17, 2018

I rarely post recipes for things like sandwiches. You guys are smart. You can make a sandwich. I know this. However, every once in a while I conjure up a combination that works particularly well and it needs to be shared. I first made a version of this sandwich several weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised to find that finally, it is exactly what I want out of a veggie sandwich. It has gorgeous flavors, colors, and textures. It is satisfying and doesn’t leave me hungry an hour later.

One of my very favorite things about this is that it comes together at a moment’s notice without requiring significant prep or cooking of the vegetables beforehand. While you certainly could roast your own peppers and pickle your own red onions, store-bought versions of these ingredients work just as well. I’ve made it both ways and both are excellent.

This is a fantastic option if you’re looking for a quick, veggie-centric meal to highlight beautiful perfectly ripe summer tomatoes. With such simple assembly, good quality ingredients are crucial and excellent artisan bread is essential. You’ll want something sturdy but still tender and flavorful such as ciabatta or pugliese. These travel well when wrapped tightly and made for a perfect poolside dinner for us. Enjoy while we all revel in the remainder of peak tomato season!

The post Simple Summer Veggie Sandwich appeared first on Everyday Annie.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments