Berry Mojito + Printable Recipe Cards

July 31, 2020

Printable Recipe Cards

I’m so happy that summer is here in full swing, and nothing tastes quite as refreshing on a balmy July afternoon as a minty berry mojito. I love having mojitos when we’re grilling out on the deck, it makes waiting around for the chicken to finish cooking through much more pleasant! On that note, I’m sharing 6 recipe cards with my favorite summer recipes (including my grilled chicken with plum sauce) with you for free! I printed them out here at home with my amazing Canon PIXMA TR4520 Printer and you can download the PDFs here to print them at home 🙂

Printable Recipe CardsAs a photographer, print quality is incredibly important to me, and as you can see from the photos, the way the Canon PIXMA TR4520 captures the true colors of my photos is absolutely *mind-blowing* (even more so considering it’s an affordable at-home printer!) I also love that the wireless connectivity of the printer means I can print fun impromptu photos directly from my phone without needing to transfer them to the computer, but it still gives me the option to print from the computer wirelessly for my more polished food photos that I want to hang around the house. 

Printable Recipe CardsAnd I love that the printing tray fits a huge variety of different photo paper sizes, like classic 8 x 10-inch or even fun square 5 x 5-inch ones! But it also can be switched to normal document printing when you’re not doing photo prints, too, which is super handy. Truly my friend, if you’re looking to upgrade your home printer, I *highly* recommend this one. Plus, you guys know that when you support my partners, you’re also helping support me to keep bringing you flavorful seasonal recipes + garden peeks on the regular 🙂  And for even more amazing summer recipes, make sure to download this free printable #CanonInTheKitchen Recipe e-Book with summer recipes from myself + many other talented food bloggers!

Berry MojitoAlso, a note on mojitos, if you’ve never had them before, they’re traditionally a mixture of vibrant lime juice, simple syrup, mint leaves, rum, and a touch of club soda. I always add berries to my simple syrup for them, though, because it adds just the right amount of bright summer berry flavor, and it pairs so perfectly with the lime and the mint! I also like using a mix of honey and sugar in the simple syrup, because I find the honey adds the most wonderful floral taste to the drink. Take note that this recipe makes a big batch for entertaining, so if you want to make a smaller amount feel free to halve or even quarter the recipe. Enjoy it + stay cool, my friends!

Berry Mojito

Berry Mojito

Berry Syrup

  • 2 cups water
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup honey
  • 3 1/2 cups berries (fresh or frozen)

Berry Mojito

  • 2 cups rum
  • 24 mint leaves (ounces or cups)
  • 6 cups lime juice
  • 4 cups berry syrup
  • 2 cups club soda
  • 3 fresh limes (thinly sliced)
  • Ice

Berry Syrup

  1. Mix all ingredients together in a medium saucepan over medium high hear. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until the berries disintegrate, about 15 minutes, stirring every 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool to warm.
  2. Place a mesh metal colander over a large bowl, and strain the mixture, pressing on the berry pulp that remains in the mesh colander to get out all the remaining berry juices. Discard the pulp, and pour the syrup into airtight containers (like mason jars). Allow to cool to room temperature uncovered, then cover and refrigerate. Will keep for 1 month in the refrigerator. Makes about 4 cups of berry syrup.

Berry Mojito

  1. Place half of the mint leaves in the bottom of a large pitcher. Use a muddler or the end of a wooden spoon to press gently all over the mint for about 30 seconds (this helps the mint release its tasty essential oils). Add the remaining fresh mint, the rum, lime juice, berry syrup, club soda, and stir to combine. Add the lime slices and ice and serve immediately. Makes 12 servings.

  2. PS: The color of your berry mojito will vary depending on the berries you use. I used mostly raspberries with a few blackberries and blueberries.

Printable Recipe CardsBerry MojitoBerry Mojito

Disclosure: I partnered with Canon for this post, and all opinions shared here are my own, per usual!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments