Grape + Fig Summer Salad with Prosciutto and Balsamic

September 11, 2019

Grape and Fig Summer Salad with Prosciutto and Balsamic

My grape vine is bursting at the seams with fresh grapes, so I’ve been making this grape and fig summer salad on repeat for the past month. I love it because it’s so easy to put together, and just involves laying down a bed of ricotta on a big plate, then stacking all the prosciutto and fruits on top, drizzling with honey and balsamic, then finishing with flake sea salt. That’s it! It takes about 10 minutes to make, including slicing up the figs and the pluots, and is worth every brief moment of effort.

As for me, I’m getting ready for a long stretch of time out of town. I’ll be gone for a month this time, hosting a photography workshop in Croatia, then in Ireland, and then hosting a retreat for my Mastermind gals in central Oregon. I’m so excited for the workshops + the retreat, but am a bit anxious about packing for that long of a trip. I hope I don’t forget anything important! I’ve been making lists in google drive whenever things come to mind, so fingers crossed I remember to bring all the important stuff.

Grape and Fig Summer Salad with Prosciutto and BalsamicOne more note on the grape and fig summer salad—I’ve been dairy-free recently for health reasons so I used Kite Hill’s almond-based ricotta for this recipe, but obviously normal ricotta works wonderfully, too! If you go the vegan route, I recommend adding a tablespoon or two of non-dairy milk to the ricotta and mixing it in to make it wetter and creamier. I find the texture to be more like that or regular ricotta after a bit more moisture is added in 🙂 Enjoy it, my friends!

P.S. The lovely spoons + cake stand in this post are from Bean Pole Pottery. Much love to her + her beautiful pieces!

Grape and Fig Summer Salad with Prosciutto and Balsamic

Grape and Fig Summer Salad with Prosciutto and Balsamic

  • 4 ounces ricotta
  • 2 ounces prosciutto (thinly sliced)
  • 3/4 pound grapes
  • 6 ripe fresh figs (cut into halves or quarters)
  • 4 ripe pluots (cut into sixths)
  • 1 tablespoon honey ((if using thick raw honey, heat it slightly to make it drizzleable))
  • 2 teaspoons quality balsamic
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons flake sea salt
  • 2 tablespoons small fresh basil leaves
  1. Evenly spread the ricotta over the center of a large serving platter, leaving about a 1-inch border around the edge of the dish.

  2. Roll up each slice of prosciutto individually and set it aside.

  3. Arrange the grapes, figs, pluots, and prosciutto on top of the ricotta. Drizzle with the honey, then the balsamic. Sprinkle with the flake sea salt and basil and serve immediately.

Grape and Fig Summer Salad with Prosciutto and Balsamic

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments