Pretzel Linzer Cookies with Salted Caramel

November 27, 2018

Baking is absolutely my favorite thing about this time of year. Whether it’s baking a pie for Thanksgiving, a batch of cookies for holiday gifting, or loaves of bread simply because it is the coziest possible activity, my kitchen is my haven when the weather is bitterly cold and the skies are the worst flat shade of gray. Cookies are one of my absolute favorite things to bake. I’m not sure if it’s that I know I’ll be packing them into the kids’ lunches or that I’ll be savoring one myself after the kids are finally, blissfully asleep at night. Whatever the reason, as much as I love all sorts of baking, cookies are my jam. I’m really excited to share several new varieties of cookies this year and we are starting out with an absolute stunner.

If you have never baked with pretzels before, it’s time to remedy that immediately, and this recipe is the perfect way to get started. While I almost never eat pretzels on their own (soft pretzels withstanding), they add such depth of flavor to baked goods. The ground pretzels used as a portion of the flour in this recipe contribute a warmth and saltiness that take these buttery cookies to the next level. While traditional linzers are filled with jam, the salted caramel here is incredible and the pairing is a new favorite of mine.

This dough can be made, rolled into sheets, stored and frozen until you are ready to bake, meaning you can jump start your holiday baking any time you like by prepping a batch of the dough. I hope you try making these brilliant bites to share with others, or to keep all to yourself.

The post Pretzel Linzer Cookies with Salted Caramel appeared first on Everyday Annie.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments