Kale Pecan Pesto Recipe

November 27, 2018

kale pesto recipe

Is anyone else struggling to get back on the healthy train after Thanksgiving? I’m stuck on the pie train myself. My body wants greens but my brain wants more pie.

It’s so cold outside that salads don’t sound as enticing as usual, so I whipped up some kale pesto instead. This recipe is super easy to make in your food processor and it’s ready in about five minutes.

kale pesto ingredients

Unlike traditional pesto, which is typically made with fresh basil and pine nuts, this recipe calls for kale and pecans. I love using pecans with kale because their light sweetness helps balance out the bitterness of the kale. You know what else helps balance out the kale? Salt and some heat. This pesto is best served on something warm.

This kale pesto recipe is a delicious way to pack in some greens this winter, and it’s the perfect use for the random bunch of kale in your fridge. You can use pesto for so much more than just pasta. I’ve provided some more uses below!

Continue to the recipe...

The post Kale Pecan Pesto Recipe appeared first on Cookie and Kate.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments