My New Favorite Trader Joe's Product Makes Breakfast Easier — Grocery News

July 31, 2017


I am generally not a morning person, so I need breakfast to be easy. I'm not going to turn on the oven, and there can't be a ton of ingredients involved. I usually gravitate towards simple things like breakfast tacos, eggs on toast, and smoothies. That's why I was super excited last week when I discovered a new-ish product from Trader Joe's that makes my morning so much easier and delicious. Have you tried this?

Last week I discovered these Organic Açaí Purée Packets from Trader Joe's. The little bag includes four individual packets of purée, and it costs less than $5. I love including açaí into my smoothies, but normally it's pretty expensive and often packed with sugar. These packets are unsweetened, so you can adjust the sugar to your own taste.

There are a bunch of suggestions on the back of the bag for how to use the açaí packets, but I've been tinkering with my own recipe. Most days I toss one frozen packet into my blender alongside a banana, almond milk, some almond butter, and a little honey for sweetener. I've also tried adding frozen pineapple and mango for something more tropical. The point is that these packets are endlessly versatile and easy to use: Just dump some ingredients into your blender, taste, and adjust. The bag also suggests you can just let one of the frozen purées thaw and top it with fresh fruit for an equally delicious breakfast or snack.

More Favorite Trader Joe's Products

Have you tried these frozen açaí packets from Trader Joe's? Let us know in the comments!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments