Chocolate Olive Oil Loaf Cake

May 02, 2022

This unique chocolate loaf cake is made with olive oil for a unique flavor and perfectly moist crumb. Not to mention it comes together in mere minutes, no mixer required!

This moist and tender cake is made with olive oil for a unique flavor and perfect texture. The drizzle of olive oil chocolate glaze on top is just, well, the icing on the cake (literally and figuratively, in this case).

Sliced Chocolate Olive Oil Loaf Cake with drizzle of chocolate glaze on a wire baking rack

You gotta love a loaf cake; they’re second only to bundts in my mind in terms of ease of preparation and presentation. Too often I think we relegate loafs to quick breakfast breads. Nothing against banana bread or anything, but I think dessert loaves are seriously underrated, especially when it’s a loaf as impressive and delicious as this one!

Whisk drizzling the Chocolate Olive Oil Loaf Cake with a chocolate glaze.

I know, I know… I literally just posted another chocolate cake, not to mention my ultimate chocolate cake from a few years back that is still my go-to recipe for a classic chocolate layer cake. (Don’t forget about my red wine chocolate cake or the whiskey chocolate bundt cake either!)

Can you ever have too many chocolate cake recipes, though? I’d argue that, while similar, they all serve different purposes and thus are all three completely necessary to include in your recipe repertoire.

While the ultimate chocolate cake is a perfect option when you need a multi-layered showstopper, and the sour cream chocolate cake is ideal for when you’re craving something ridiculously decadent but can’t bear to wait a minute longer than necessary… if you’re looking for a simple and impressive chocolate loaf cake, this one fits the bill perfectly.

(more…)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments