Delicata Squash Pasta with Egg and Goat Cheese

September 24, 2020

Post in partnership with Pete and Gerry's Organic Eggs

When the temperature drops below 90 degrees here in the valley, I call that the start of fall. This creamy delicata squash pasta is my kick-off to the season (just don’t be surprised if more tomato recipes still show up because I’ll be happily eating them for another month or so).

Squash

I will forever love the ease of using delicata squash in meals. The thin skin on this squash means there’s no peeling involved and it roasts in less than 30 minutes. The subtle earthy flavor is great for pairing with spices and helps cut through the rich goat cheese in this pasta dish.

If you can’t find delicata squash, use cubed butternut or sweet potatoes. I find those squash to be a bit sweeter, so try adding a pinch of heat to the mix or drop the maple syrup from the hazelnuts.

Eggs

I like making sure we have a bit of protein with each meal and I’m happy to team up with Pete and Gerry’s for this recipe. I love working with Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs because I know they partner with a group of family farmers who are vital to their communities. The eggs are always fresh, and I know I’m buying a quality, Certified Humane Free Range and organic product. Eggs are such a staple in our house and are always on our shopping lists.

Herbs

This recipe is truly the perfect blend of late summer and early fall flavors. In September, we start to see more squash but luckily my basil still lives on. If that’s not that case for you, cooler weather herbs also work well here. Try dill in place of the basil.

Nuts

The maple hazelnuts, self admittedly, are a bit extra. I love the slight sweetness the maple syrup brings to the nuts and the overall dish. However, if you don’t feel like taking this extra step, regular toasted nuts are great as well. You can also swap out the hazelnuts for toasted pecans or walnuts.

[tasty-recipe id="39525"]

continue reading

The post Delicata Squash Pasta with Egg and Goat Cheese appeared first on Naturally..

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments