Beyond the Kitchen: Read it and Weep

October 17, 2019

I’ve been reading so much and falling hopelessly behind in my Goodreads reviews, so I’ve put off writing this post for a while despite having sufficient 5-star reads to include here.

I’ve discovered I’m not very good at writing thoughtful reviews that give both my opinions as well as a succinct overview of the story (without any spoilers). I’ve done my best here, but if something sounds interesting I definitely recommend reading the overview on Amazon or Goodreads for a better picture of what you’re getting into before you get into it.

These stories run the gamut, from Greek mythology to intense historical fiction to pure romantic comedy. But you know what they say about variety (and it is definitely true for me and books). I think I’d get bored reading the same kind of book over and over (not to mention that similar books tend to blend together in my mind, making this whole review-writing thing even harder).

(more…)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments