22 Favorite Craft Ginger Beers (Updated for 2019!)

April 25, 2019

Dedicated to my fellow ginger beer lovers, here’s an updated list of my favorite craft ginger beers, including my all time favorites as well as a few more unique brews worth checking out.

My love of ginger beer runs deep, a sentiment I’ve expressed before. But considering it’s been almost 5 years since my original best ginger beers post, I figured it was high time for an update.

My New Best Ginger Beers for 2019

I scoured the internet, stalked all the local stores, sent countless emails and instagram messages to craft soda companies begging them to please please ship me some in Nashville. Needless to say, this post is the result of over 4 months worth of research (everything I do? I do it for you).

All in all I was able to sample over three dozen new-to-me ginger beers (and thanks to my friends Phillip, Billy and Mike for lending their tastebuds to this endeavor – I know I made you taste a ridiculous amount of ginger beer, but your excellent palates and honest opinions helped me out immensely). 

Let me just say… there are some really bad ginger beers out there. Plenty of mediocre ones, but some that were truly worthy of being dumped down the drain. I will not mention those ones here (I prefer to keep this space positive), instead, I’ll focus on the ones we loved that are definitely worth a sip. 

I’ve sorted my discoveries into a few different categories, including new favorites, old favorites (carryovers from the original post that I still love), as well as a few good beginner options and some uniquely-flavored wild cards that are also worth trying.

I will note that we decided, for the sake of our sanity, to limit our tastings to just non-alcoholic ginger beers, opting not to venture into the vast world of alcoholic options. We skipped over anything billed as a ginger ale as well (which usually are much sweeter and with very little spice). There are a number of ginger beer brands I found that I wasn’t able to get my hands on, mostly because they simply weren’t available to me in the US (boo hoo), so this is by no means the be-all-end-all list of best ginger beers. If/when I try a new one that belongs on this list, I will come back and add it here.

(more…)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments